FAQ of Panda volunteer program
1. Do I need a reservation?
This program has limited quotas per day. So a reservation is required. But it is never a problem to us! We have been running this China panda volunteer tour for decades. Our guests are always welcome to the panda base.
2. Any requirements for doing panda volunteer work?
Requirements for the volunteer work :
• A health certificate (prepare by yourself)
• Volunteer Uniform (provided by panda base)
• Reservation ( booked by AbsolutePanda )
3. Any age restriction
1. What is the donation? Is it charged by the Panda breeding center?
A volunteer program fee will be charged by Panda base. This fee will be used as a donation to the giant pandas.
2. What exactly can volunteers help in the volunteering program?
Here are some details of the program:
First, there will be a welcome and introduction of this program by a staff member from the base. Then the volunteer work begins! The duty of the volunteer will be washing the bamboo, cleaning the panda enclosures, making food and feeding the pandas. In the end, you will get an official certificate for the donation of your time effort and money to giant panda by the panda base.
3. Is there any other panda base that has this volunteer program?
The Panda base in Dujiangyan, Wolong, and Bifengxia has this volunteer program.
4. How long does this volunteer program last?
It usually lasts 2-3 hours. There are fantastic attractions in Dujiangyan, such as Dujiangyan Irrigation System and Mount Qingcheng. A one-day trip is perfect!
5. Is there a chance to get a close encounter with giant panda?
Indeed! Volunteers could get into panda enclosures and even feed pandas by themselves! However, giant pandas are wild animals. For your own safety, volunteers are not allowed to touch panda or get too close to them. The whole program will be supervised by the staff from Panda Base. Participants are obligated to obey the rules of the program, or the Panda base has the right to cancel the program anytime.